Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The recommended book for me was Burning Room by MichaelConnely, the book was a thrilling tale as we follow two detectives trying to find out who the cold case murder was. I acted upon this because I am very into the whole detective series and finding out who the killer is. I also am very infatuated with Forensics Science and may pursue a career in that field.

All in all the book was very well written, It's strengths were giving very detailed character descriptions, following a good story line. The book kept me intrigued and made me want to continue reading it from start to finish.  Burning room also had some smoke and mirrors of flaws such as, hard to decipher which crime they were working on, dragged out useless parts to fill space, and back and forth dialogue sometimes getting repetitive.

I very much enjoyed Burning Room, it grabbed my attention. The main story line is a new detective, detective Sotono, is teamed up with Detective Harry Bosch, a very hard working, tough nosed, head detective. He worked his way up from the lowest ranks, now working on LA's finest cold case team. They begin working a case on a man who was shot ten years ago by a stray bullet and now has mysteriously died, its up to them to find the killer and the cause. I would rate this book a 4/5 stars as it never bored me, had very good plot and story line, interested me, and was very well written.

The type of reader who would enjoy this book is someone who can handle vulgar language, this book doesn't always keep it PG! They would have to enjoy detective story's or "who done its", and also enjoy the thrill and suspense it brings. This book is definitely worth the read, don't just take it from me, this book is also on the NY Times best sellers list with reviews raving about it. If you want action and fast paced moving page tuners, than this is for you.

Image result for burning room

No comments:

Post a Comment