Monday, June 22, 2015

Out of my Comfort Zone

The book I read  that took me out of my comfort zone was Something Like Normal by Trish Doller. I decided to read this novel because normally the stories I choose to read involve sports, war, or something historical, but I decided it was time to jump into the romance aspect of novels. Now normally I wouldn't even consider reading a romance novel, I'm not into the whole ooey gooey lovey dovey type novels. But actually this novel was surprisingly good, there wasn't too much lovey dovey stuff, but rather a heart warming coming together of two unlikely people. Travis and Harper are our two main characthers, Travis has just returned home from Afghanistan and is having a really tough time assimilating back into socety, his ex girlfriend is now sleeping with his brother, and all of his old friends he now has grown apart from. Everywhere Travis now goes he is haunted by the ghost of his buddy from combat, as he tries to down these nightmarish visions away he sees Harper. She wants nothing to do with him at first, but as they continue to meet at various places, she starts to like him and eventually they fall in love. This story really was not one of my first choices on a book that I would bring on an island at first glance, but after reading it I fell in love with it. I was very glad I read this novel and look forward to reading more.

No comments:

Post a Comment