Monday, June 22, 2015

My favorite genre is suspense thriller, over the past week or so, me, and a couple of group members read and discussed the girl on the train, a top selling suspense thriller novel. The thriller and suspense genre is intended to lurch out and keep you guessing on the edge of your seat with multiple twits and turns. The genre has been around since ancient BC times used in epic poems. The genre has always captured my attention, always kept me involved in the story, and definitely deepened my appreciation for reading.

One of my favorite suspense/ thriller Authors would easily be Michael Connely, he has captured me in the whole detective series with Detective Bosch. They really drew me in, I was constantly trying to figure out who had committed the crime. As the book eloped me further and further I felt like I was in the story right along side with these characters. Connely had a great plot as well as story structure, the novel was a complete success and left me wanting to read more. Books like this are why I love the suspense genre because they really capture you and put you into another world. One of my Favorite suspense and thriller books was one I read this past summer, Geralds Game written by Stephan King. Geralds game leaves you hanging literally, our main character is hand cuffed to the bed after accidentally murdering her husband. She starts to go insane and slowly hears people entering the house, shoes slowly hitting the hard wood stairs. Who is it? You will have to read to find out. Gerald's game is a great book, a little slow in the beggening with some romance and their trip to Oregon, but picks up as soon as they get to the house. I love the genre because it always leaves me wanting more and never fails to pull me in.



No comments:

Post a Comment